Thursday, September 4, 2008

What are you going to do now?

This, my friends, is the question of the week. It's such an intense topic, it has to have it's own post. If I had a dollar for every time I have heard this question this week, I might have enough money to pay next months rent!!

The short answer: I don't know yet

But I do know one thing I am going to do, and that is stay AWAY from the industry I was in. Far, far away. I have been bombarded with suggestions, questions, directions, and even a few should-do's in the last few days. It is all a bit overwhelming to say the least. I do appreciate all the concern, but really, I need to make some choices here and I am not rushing into anything unless I feel right about it. I made this move on a whim and look where it got me. I was miserable. I moved halfway across the country to work for the circus - who knew?

Choices, choices. Stay here, move back to MI, move to FL with my parentals, move to NC to be near my sis and friends, and really just start over (again) somewhere else. This is not something you can just decide in two days or really even a week. I don't want to be pressured into making a decision, although I do like hearing the different options.

Reality says that I may have to put off art school for a bit, which really bites, but I think I need to get rid of my debt and generate some savings first. Who knows, maybe a miracle will land in my lap when I least expect it.

I think it's about that time where I outline all my options (the ones I have so far) and write down the ol' pro and con list. Now that is one thing I KNOW I am good at!

No comments: