Friday, September 5, 2008

Parentals are the bomb

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to my P-units for donating this month's grocery and gas money. (Hey, I am not too proud for handouts!) What a great way to start the weekend!

I only use about a tank of gas a month living here, so I filled up my car to the rim while I have the money in my hand. I know all you Motor City folks are probably flipping me off about now since I know many of you fill up several times per month. Just think, when I lived there I was spending about $300 a month and that was a year ago!

Which reminds me, I was going through my budget this morning and realized that in the last year I have cut my monthly living expenses down by $1400. Most of that is the housing expense, which absolutely kills me. That bank should have never approved that mortgage!! Now before you start wondering why I don't have any money, I must mention that I do not make as much as I did back home. Yes, along with joining the circus, I took a massive pay cut with a promise of a fairly large bonus which I cannot collect on now. See, I told you I wasn't any good at gambling!!

So, tonight I am going to open the $3.99 bottle of wine I found in the clearance bin, cook myself dinner, work on the painting, and watch Titanic so I can bawl my eyes out. I love my ME dates!!

No comments: