Thursday, September 4, 2008

No job, no worries

I am officially unemployed, but for some reason I am not too worried about it - for now. The stress of working at the circus was more than the stress of figuring out what I am going to do about a job and my life.

By the way, I must fill you in on the Loon's last act. He actually had one of my employees call me on Monday night (after my awesome vacation) to tell me that he has decided to terminate me. He even changed the locks on the building!! What a coward!! He couldn't even tell me to my face, let alone do it himself!! Then has the balls to tell my employee that it is up to him whether or not he wants me to come in and train for a week. What? Yea. Dude - you fired me, why would I come in and train? Are you kidding me? No, it's not up to him - it's up to me. NO WAY. If Loon thinks he is that smart then he can figure it out himself.

If that shows you any clue as to what I had been dealing with...you will get why it was time to go.

Anyway, onto a more positive topic....

I have been really busy the last two days. You would think that without a job I would be "at home all day." Well, at least that is what some people think I am doing. No, I am not just sitting here. I get up between 7 and 7:30 and make my coffee, work on my list of things I need to do for the day, take a shower, make phone calls, surf the internet, run errands, take incoming phone calls, and I even have been helping a friend clean her house in exchange for meals.

My friends have been awesome too. I cannot thank them enough for checking in to make sure I am fed and not sitting on my butt feeling sorry for myself. I don't feel sorry for myself, I am so relieved not to have to step foot in the circus, that I just can't fit whining about it into my day!

I wonder if this is what it's like working for yourself? You have your own schedule, you tell yourself what to do, and wow - you actually can take a vacation when it is convenient for you! Hmmmm.... doesn't sound that bad to me. Yes, I do realize that there is a lot of work involved, trust me, I have a few friends that work for themselves and I know how hard they work!! But I can imagine that it's much more fulfilling to work for yourself than to work for someone who does not appreciate you and your efforts.

I would rather work for a "one man band" than a circus full of clowns anyday!

No comments: