Monday, August 25, 2008

Back on track

Today I checked a few things off my list of to-do's for my new adventure. I emailed my landlord to make sure it is ok that I get a roommate without having to redo the lease, and I also emailed my old boss from the software company I used to work for to see if I could work part-time from home. Hey, it's a long shot, but doesn't hurt to ask!

I figured I could work as an independant contractor for 15-20 hours per week, of course at a rate that would cover all my major expenses. Then I can go to school full time and also live where ever my little heart decides to go. For now, I am going to sit tight right here, but you never know what opportunities may come up elsewhere. I am going to start classes at the local community college, but I am thinking in a few years I will transfer to a larger university. Hey, if you are going to do something like this, you better do it all the way!!

So, I am looking for suggestions on schools that have good art programs. Actually, GREAT art programs would be more like it. I have done some research, but I have found that many recommendations are better by word of mouth.

Wish me luck. If this doesn't pan out, that's ok, I am still planning on reworking some of my finances so I can apply for the museum job. Whatever it takes, I will be out of that Circus soon!!

No comments: