Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Last January I wrote a list of pursuits instead of resolutions. I always thought resolutions were kind of pointless for me, so I wrote a list of things I would like to pursue instead. Here is my list from January of 2008 and what I have done to accomplish them. I will move forward anything I have not done to 2009, because I am not just limiting myself to a year. I am looking forward to new adventures in 2009!!


Update on 2008 NY Pursuits:


1. Have breakfast at Tiffany's

2. Go to Mt Rushmore

3. Take a tropical vacation - I had planned on going on a cruise with some of my friends back home, but due to my financial situation I am unable to go. I hope they have fun and send me pics!! :)

4. Buy a new camera to take more professional pictures - I bought, used, and returned a camera to take pics of my friends' wedding in July. :) Hee Hee. Well, I plan on buying it again in March of 2009

5. Finish 3 paintings and sell at least 1 - I have finished over 5 paintings and sold one at a silent auction at a fundraiser for my friend Adam who is battling (and winning) a fight with Hodgkins Lymphoma.

6. Find a shop to sell my jewelry - I didn't do this yet, but I made jewelry for two weddings this year!

7. Finish at least 2 chapters of my book - Found an online book publishing site and started chapter 1!

8. Learn more about investing - Bought a 6 month CD and watched my stock plummet. Let's hope this is a better year!

9. Live well below my means - Ok this was pretty much a given after leaving my job as Director of Finance......

10. Find a cool, old home to rent (after I sell my condo, of course) - Condo went into foreclosure, but I live in VERY cool old home!!

11. Join a wine club - Joined the Omaha Wine Meetup Group. I am not very active in it, but I still drink a lot of wine. :)

12. Start planning my trip to Italy - Fall of 2010 with my favorite travel partner!!

13. Go to an art museum or 2 - Went to the Joslyn Art Museum in Omaha, NE

14. Take silversmith lessons to learn how to make silver rings and charms

15. Take a cooking class

16. Adopt a less fortunate family for Christmas - I adopted a child that stays in a nursing home that was born with severe birth defects. She was born without ear canals and also had to have reconstructive surgery to create lips and she was born without a jaw. She will be having more surgery to have a jaw put in this year. This was an amazing experience!

17. Take painting lessons

18. Learn how to ballroom dance

19. Make a dress - I have all the fabric for it :)

20. Have my friends and family come visit me!! - Done! My mom came to visit twice and I also had visits from my very best friends!

21. Go to the top of the Empire State Building

22. Go to the premier of the Sex and the City movie with my girls!!!!! DONE!!! Limo, martinis, fancy shoes and all!!

23. Inspire someone to follow their dreams - I hope that I have helped someone do this, and I will continue to be supportive of anyone who follows their dreams!

24. Begin planning a Greek Island tour - this will have to be in 2011 :)

25. Keep my heart open to every possibility - Life changes all the time and I have learned that you need to keep changing with it. Anything is possible.


2009 New Year Pursuits

1. Have breakfast at Tiffany's

2. Go to Mt Rushmore

3. Buy a new digital camera

4. Finish 5 paintings and sell at least 2

5. Take a photography and photoshop class

6. Finish 2 chapters of my book

7. Live well below my means

8. Visit Fallingwater

9. Take silversmith lessons

10. Take a cooking class

11. Adopt a less fortunate family for Christmas

12. Take painting lessons

13. Learn how to ballroom dance

14. Make a dress - I have all the fabric for it :)

15. Go to the top of the Empire State Building

16. Visit Biltmore Estates

17. Find a career that allows me creative freedom

18. Start reading books on a regular basis again

19. Experiment painting with a new media (I currently use watercolor)

20. Go on a photo excursion in Northern Michigan, including the U.P.

21. Get a webcam to keep in touch with my friends around the country

22. Downsize, downsize, downsize!!!

23. Start a wine journal

24. Inspire someone to follow their dreams

25. Keep my heart open to every possibility

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, and hopeful New Year!!

No comments: