Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ball of frustration

I have made HUGE progress cleaning and organizing all of my personal belongings. I have sold, given away, and thrown things out. Why is it that it seems I STILL have so much stuff? I am starting to get disappointed at the large stacks of boxes and containers that are filling up my spare room. Seriously, I thought I was getting good at disposing of all the unnecessary stuff!!

It would not be so bad, but I still have to pack my "decorator" items, all my pictures, mirrors, and wall hangings. My kitchen is going to be 10 boxes minimum. UGH. This is very frustrating.

In all of this, though, I do have to give myself some credit. I have lived outside my parents home for 16 years. I have lived in apartments, a house, a condo, and even m-class housing. 16 years of my life accumulating into boxes and Rubbermaid containers. Considering that when I was young I used to save the sheets that stickers came on (in case I needed a bookmark) I don't think that I am doing too bad.

And just think, all of this will be stored in a giant tin can until I figure out where I am going to land next. I have moved so many times that I should be used to this by now. Well, I must say that my mom and sister have always been around to help me pack and decide what to throw away and what to keep. Now I get their advice over the phone and the only person helping me pack is Petey Pablo. And let me tell you, he's a great guy to have around while doing the long boring task of packing......

Sigh. Well, back to the daunting tasks for the day. I am ALMOST done cleaning out the last room, my office - and my beast.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Have you ever thought about living in another country? I always wished i would have went to Europe for awhile. Or even somewhere warm. I would love to live in Arizona. Plus, housing is cheap, same with Vegas. Not that I want you further away! Can't wait until you get back here this Spring!!

Candice said...

yeah, maybe you should come live in south africa for a month! hmm...expensive flight though. room is free though!