Thursday, November 20, 2008

Creative cooking, awesome parental units, and holiday stuff....

In no particular order...ok yes I will talk about them in order, c'mon you know my borderline OCD won't let me do otherwise!!

Creative Cooking

So, as you know, I was talking about this "fad" diet I have been doing. Well, it's actually beginning to stick to me. Weird, huh? Anyhow I have strayed a few times this week, but all in all I think I have done really well. Especially considering my salt and butter addiction. First of all, I have stopped cooking with butter and salt - replacements: extra virgin olive oil and salt-free seasonings and fresh herbs & spices. Yea, I can hardly believe it myself!! It is amazing how much better my food tastes prepared that way!!

So last week I went on my first trip to Whole Foods (yes, you heard me, my first time!!) and bought some great stuff! First of all I have a whole new appreciation for organic foods. I always thought to myself - WTF is the diff? Yea, well, taste it and you will know.

Tonight I got a little creative and thought I would share my dinner recipe:

1/2 Yellow Squash - sliced into discs, then slice again into moon shapes
2 Chicken breast cutlets - chopped into bite sized pieces
1/3 cup organic diced tomatoes
6-8 fresh chives - finely chopped
1 Sm clove garlic
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Your favorite salt-free seasoning - I use Mrs. Dash garlic something or another
1/2 avocado - chopped into bite size pieces

Saute chicken breast pieces, yellow squash, chives, spices and garlic until chicken is fully cooked and yellow squash is cooked to your liking. I did this on med heat. Turned down to low and add the organic tomatoes, until they are heated through. Place on plate and top with avocado and enjoy!


Awesome Parental Units

Again, I have to say my p-units are pretty darn cool. They found a cool website update "side job" for me to do at night and on weekends. Now that is the bomb.

Holiday Stuff

Not much to say here, but I have to say that I am not going home for the holidays and it is going to be completely different. BUT I know that I am going to truly enjoy it here. I have a ton of friends to celebrate with, so no biggie! :)

So, my friend Lucy already put her Christmas Tree up. I know it sounds kind of nuts, but it is actually getting me into the holiday spirit! I am actually going to get a real tree this year, so I am pretty pumped up about that.

AND I totally have an awesome fireplace!! I can't wait for Santa to fill my stocking!!! I should probably get one for Paczki too, I wouldn't want to leave out my only child - even if he is a four-legged furry one!! You might think I am a little knuts by saying that, but either you are a pug person or your not. And I am, so get over it!

Alright - time to go check out some holiday decor so I can deck the walls!!!

No comments: