Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Inspirational Quotes

I subscribe to a few "inspirational" daily emails and I love to share some of the more meaningful quotes that I find with my friends. I used to have an email distribution list called Inspiration and I would send quotes out with a little write up on my thoughts about the quote. I've decided to do a little of both, and share my quotes and thoughts with you on this blog, by the suggestion of a great friend of mine. I think this fits perfectly in with the theme of my blog, as these quotes have been and continue to be an integral part of my adventure in finding my passion. I hope you enjoy them!

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours."

--Henry David Thoreau

I have always had a vivid imagination, especially as a kid. I used to have several (about 10 of them) imaginary friends that would come play with me, and my Mom even invited one over for dinner. Well, he couldn't make it because his mom said no, but how nice of my Mom to include him! Looking back at that conversation, I realize that maybe my Mom was onto something. I think that was the first time someone encouraged me to use my imagination, and maybe that is why it's always been an active part of my brain.


Imagining and dreaming are wonderful ways we can escape our realities of today, but who says we cannot get there? Try taking a few steps toward that life you want to lead and see what happens. I took a bold step when quitting my job almost a year and a half ago, and look at me now, I have a part time job that I LOVE working in one of the best restaurants in the area and I am starting culinary school tomorrow! Of course I don't expect everyone to be so drastic about it, but then again........why not?


1 comment:

Lu Lu said...

This is the second time you have acknowledged to the world via the internet of a positive influence that I have made in your life. A Mother cannot receive a greater reward than this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am so proud of you.
Love always and ever,
Mom