Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Butterflies

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world the master calls a butterfly."
~Richard Bach
I want to tell you how I feel about butterflies. Butterflies symbolize the beauty and freedom of life, they are beautiful to look at and they are free to go where ever they choose. The price paid for beauty and freedom is a life that is short and outlived by many, as butterflies don't live but a day.
Once upon a time, I had some extremely hard choices to make in my life and realized that I was truly like a butterfly. I loved soaking in every moment that life has to offer, knowing that someday it would all come to an end. At that time, I made the choice to keep flying and find that adventure instead of allowing myself to be trapped in the net of a pedestrian life.
Since then, my life has changed even more. I still live the butterfly mantra, as I try to incorporate adventure into my new roles in life. Each day, I have to remind myself that there is beauty in life and it is way too short for me to waste on anything negative. You too, have the freedom to choose. You too, can see the beauty in life.
Have a wonderful day.

No comments: