Sunday, April 5, 2009

A case of cold feet

It's not the kind of feet you would expect to have when heading back "home", you think they would just be up and running. Incidentally, they have somehow stumbled upon that freakish "what if" feeling.

I have to admit that it's kind of scary going back to a place as depressing and dismal as Michigan. The auto industry is in the shit-pot, there are no jobs, and worst of all - the bad attitudes. For the last year and a half, I have been surrounded by the nicest people in one of the greatest little-big towns in America: Omaha, NE. For the last 5 weeks, I have been touched by the Southern hospitality of North Carolina and blessed with blue skies and sunshine. And now, I will head up to one of the most depressed areas of my beloved nation. I am scared that the negativity will suck the life out of me that I have been working so hard to get back.

I know this is a strong statement, but it is the naked truth.

I hope to God they prove me wrong.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Well, I'm certainly not one to be around then right now.

If I could pick up and move and start a new life, I would seriously consider it right now. But well, being broke puts a damper on that.