Friday, July 24, 2009

Get over it!

It seems so easy to say, and rarely easy to do. But you HAVE to do it. You HAVE to stop whining and crying like a baby as if this was the worst disappointment in life. Think about all the people in your life for a minute. Everything they are going through, have gone through, and are about to go through. Now, don't you feel silly complaining about that one little thing in your life that didn't go your way?

Or maybe it did go your way, but you are too busy with your pity party to realize it.

I have to admit, I don't even want to tell the story. But I think in order for me to move on, I need to put it out there in the universe. I applied for a job that was not exactly what I had in mind on my journey of finding the "new me", but it was fairly good pay and with a great company. (Yes, I am self-justifying this...bear with me) I was excited to FINALLY get an interview somewhere because the jobs out there...well, are few and far between.

I thought the interview went really well and then had to wait until this week to find out if I made the second round. During this whole waiting process, I found myself wondering if I had even made the right choice by going on the interview in the first place. It's not a job in "accounting" per say, but in the Accounting Department. Maybe, just maybe, it is too close for comfort. As I said, I justified it with two things: the money and the company reputation. Don't get me wrong, the money wasn't like anything I have been used to in the past, but it would have been much more than I had budgeted for and apparently this company has great work-life balance reputation - a major plus!

However, none of this matters anymore, because I did not get selected for round 2 of the interview process. After I found out, I had myself a 10 minute pity party. Ok, it was more like 30 minutes, but you get my point. I am not sure why I even flinched about it, I think it's just the realization that this process is much more difficult and demanding then I anticipated.

So what, I didn't get the job. Life goes on. The way I see it I have two choices:

1. Continue to cry/whine/complain to everyone about how I did not get the job offer. Start a self destructive pattern of bitching about how crappy my situation is and think that nothing in life is going my way...blah, blah, blah.

2. Get over it!

If you know me at all, you know that I am going to choose #2. There is no reason to do otherwise. This just means that there is another plan for me and this just makes me more excited and motivated to find out exactly what that is.

1 comment:

COL said...

{{HUGS}}

Your last paragraph summed it up beautifully! Just wasn't meant to be... but the good thing is that you got some current interview experience too! All good things.

That just means something better is out there for you! :)