Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Excuses, Excuses...

I certainly don't have any good ones for not posting...for a month! Well, besides the fact that when I arrived home from Omaha, I had a severe cold and couldn't peel myself off the couch for two weeks. I know that is totally lame, but literally, I couldn't think of anything to write except for over-the-counter-remedy reviews, and I don't know anyone who would be interested in that topic. Ok, maybe one, but I don't think he reads this blog. Ha.

I had some fun times with my Oma-homies: CWS beer tents, I actually went to an LSU game, fun on the Missouri River, and of course my favorite: Commune Cooking. If you don't know what commune cooking is, you don't know what you are missing. Every Sunday we would get together at each other's houses for dinner. The idea started out with us bringing what was available in our fridge, pantry, etc., but then escalated a bit when we all started getting a little 'competitive' with our cooking. I suppose I am partially to blame, because I started bringing "fancy" things. Hey, I love to cook, what can I say? Anyway, you never leave with an empty stomach because we all know how to cook really well and have such diverse backgrounds in cooking.

I really miss those dinners and my friends too, they are the best people you will ever meet. :) I can't wait to go back and visit, hopefully again this year.

No comments: