Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Three Faces of Eve

Imagine the possibilities. Imagine the adventures. Imagine the places you'd go. If you only you were Eve White...or Eve Black...or is it Jane? If having multiple personalities wasn't a severe personality disorder, I'd swear everyone would have them, myself included.

This movie tapped a part of my brain that I didn't know existed. The first time I saw it, I was in awe. You mean this girl was several people? How did this happen? What if you were to wake up as someone else every day? Who would you be if you had the choice?

"Honey, there are a lot of things you've never seen me do before. That's no sign I don't do 'em."
~Joanne Woodward as Eve Black in Three Faces of Eve

When trying to figure out your life's passion, you sometimes feel pulled in several directions. Actually, not sometimes, ALL THE TIME. The thought of "giving in" crosses your mind daily. What would happen if I just took a boring accounting job just for the income? Would my dreams be put on hold for yet another undetermined amount of time? Should I just take something to get me by financially? Can I look past the boring activity and just suck it up?

I already know the answers to these questions. Even though it would seem easy enough to just do what I know I can do, I cannot let myself down. The whole point of this exercise is to find my passion. It would be wrong for me to make this kind of choice. I would not forgive myself if I did something just for the paycheck. That kind of life is in the past and I am ready to move forward into the unknown.

Ah, if only I knew what Eve would do.....

1 comment:

Candice said...

AMBER!!! Where are you? We miss you!