Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The magical world of quiche!


Once again, my quiche making abilities have the crowds begging for more!! Thank you, thank you, you're far too kind!!

****and she bows to the crowd****

Enough of the dramatics...my quiche was a hit! I made the sausage and tomato quiche which I have renamed Italian Quiche. I am not sure what it is about this quiche, but once you take a bite you will know what I mean!! It might be the combination of Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausage and mozzarella cheese swimming in cream and eggs that floats atop the buttery flaky crust....yea, that's probably it. I do have to admit I did use Emeril's recipe for the crust, but that is only because I think frozen pie crusts are for wimps. If you are going to make a quiche, do it right!!

Day 4 of Life on a Vacation:

Meet with an old friend! Friday night I met with a friend of mine that I have not seen in several years. We had a blast reliving old memories and filling each other in on our current lives, all the while laughing our heads off! Catching up with someone can give you the feeling you are somewhere else for a while, a break from the norm and maybe lets you walk in someone else's shoes for a while.

Day 5 of Life on a Vacation:

Buy something frivolous! We all do it on vacation, admit it! So why not just do it today? I found the CUTEST pair of Franco Sartos on the clearance rack. Didn't need them, but I sure will wear them!! Oh, and I found a shirt that looks perfect with them too!

Day 5 of Life on a Vacation:

Do something nice for a grandparent or other aging relative. I am not sure what it is, but something as simple as cooking brunch or a visit with your pet can really brighten someone's day. It makes you feel grateful that you have the family you do and its warming to know something so small to you can make another feel so important.

Day 6 of Life on a Vacation:

Impromptu cocktail!! What more needs to be said? It's a Monday, you don't have much going on - why not just invite a friend for a cocktail before you head home to do your mundane tasks? Even better, try a place that you have not been to in a while!

1 comment:

Candice said...

Enjoying the vacation... :)