Monday, February 9, 2009

The power of 33

What can you get these days for 33 bucks? Well, earlier today I was complaining about the cost if ink for my printer, and yup, you guessed it - cost of $33!! For the amount of money I have spent on ink, I could have bought myself a nice laser printer/fax/scan combo. So, I think I am adding that to my list of "must haves" or your "I think I will randomly buy something for Amber list" if you feel the need.

Onto the grocery store I go to pick up a few things. The total? Yes, again $33. I felt MUCH better about this purchase, here is what I picked up for 33 buckaroonies:

1 pkg butter
1/2 doz eggs
1 chunk of Asiago cheese
1 bag of shredded sharp cheddar (formaldehyde and all- it was on sale, what can I say)
1 pkg flour tortillas
1 qt of strawberries
1 reusable grocery bag
4 bottles of wine (this is no joke people!)

What do you think is a better deal? Yea, that's what I thought. Shively's bargain bin does me proud today....

And thanks to my friend Lucy who supplied me with a few boxes today, as I only have 18 days to get ready for the road trip to NC! Wow, is time flying, or what?

No comments: