Thursday, September 3, 2009

Working Vacation

Yea, there is such a thing and I am doing it. But, I am LOVING it too! Thanks to my BF for letting me borrow his laptop, what a guy!

I am getting excited for culinary school and just itching to cook for people these days. Of course, cooking takes food, food takes money, so..... I have found a great way to enjoy what I do and get paid for it. I am keeping myself in check on this vaca by prepping for a few cooking shows I have coming up.

Speaking of culinary school, I am actually still waiting for my "official acceptance letter". I thought that because I am applying at a 2 year college I wouldn't have a problem getting in, BUT I did get an email saying they were "reviewing my application". Hm, well I guess I will have to sit tight until I get the final word, but in the mean time they sent me a huge packet on Financial Aid. We all know I need to take advantage of THAT!

Have you ever just known you are making the right choices? Well, a funny thing happened on the way to Raleigh....

I was reading the Southwest Airlines magazine, Spirit and ran across several articles that pretty much assured me I am on the right path:

  • Senior Corporate Executives have the #3 toughest job, and this actually outranked police officers!! Not that I don't want to work hard, but I don't want to go home feeling like I tried to save the world and got "nothin but this t-shirt".
  • Played some game to see if wealth is in your future, and I actually am not that far from being financially fit - even with my horrid credit. It's more about attitude and beliefs.
  • Read an article on Meyers-Briggs personality traits and jobs. THIS was interesting. Basically I gathered I was in the WRONG JOB for my personality type!! Not surprising!!
  • Took an entrepreneur quiz and the result said: Steve Jobs should be calling you for advice. Ok, this is a major exaggeration...but fun to think about anyway.
  • Last, but very not least, read about Leanna Archer . You can do anything you set your mind to, if you just do the research. This girl has some spirit!!

I didn't really need the reassurance, but it was right in front of me anyway.

Ok, back to vaca, folks!

1 comment:

COL said...

all signs your heading in the right direction!