Saturday, September 12, 2009

More waves of excitement!

Just when you think you've tapped all the exciting news, more of it comes rolling in! As I was coming back from my vacation, I got a message that a Captain in our area needed some help on his yacht for a few days before putting into storage for the winter. Hm, you don't say! I immediately said, "YES!", and there is my next adventure...by way of water!

I spent 2 days with the Captain, assisting him with the trip from Bay Harbor to Northport, MI. I am not sure how much help I was....drinking all those rum and cokes and all. But, we made it to port and settled in with a nice steak dinner with mashed potatoes and asparagus. We also had sliced tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and black olives, and drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette. Then we proceeded to the local watering hole and filled up on a few more tasty beverages. Tough day, huh?

The next day we got up and ate breakfast at this cute place called The Treasure Chest. They sell antiques and also have a little restaurant. Donna treated us like family and it was an excellent meal! After breakfast we got to work: vaccuming, cleaning floors, defrosting refridgerators, covering up furniture and the like. Then we took a "break" and had a few Bloody Marys....yum!! Chatted about my upcoming culinary classes, and his extensive background as a Captain. Too much fun! Then we had to finish up some red wine, so we did that as we waited for my bf to show up so he could get a tour of the 70' vessel.

And the adventure does not stop there! Captain wants me to send my resume' to him, as he is interested in hiring me for other gigs in the future, including some chef work! He told me that he would be a reference ANYTIME and said he can tell I am going to be a great chef because I am so thorough. How cool is that?!!

THEN, yesterday I got a lead from my cousin that the restaurant where she works may be looking to hire kitchen help. Uh, yea, it's my FAVORITE restaurant up here!! So, she talked with one of the owners and I am going to meet with her next week!!! Everything seems to be coming together on my travels through the culinary seas! I haven't even started culinary school and already have 2 solid leads!! Amazing!

I could not have done all this without my AWESOME supportive friends who have not doubted me for a second! You rock!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

How exciting! Looks like everything is falling into place for you.

Candice said...

Wow, that is great. Maybe it's a sign that you're on the right path!!

COL said...

I'm proud of you!!!