Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pizza Rolls, Cream Cheese, & Chardonnay

Ah yes, a gourmet dinner for the elite!! What can I say, I had a craving and just so happened to have Pizza Rolls in stock - what a bonus! And if you have never tried this, dip those bad boys in cream cheese for a twist - yum!!

And I have only had a few sips of the chardonnay, so at least I won't gross anyone out with "cat poop" emails like last time I drank too much and sat at the computer. Sorry, ladies, I just couldn't help myself!!

I found this wine in the clearance bin at the grocery store for $3.99 a bottle!! It's actually pretty good, so I went back and bought 6 more bottles. With all the holiday entertaining coming up, it will definitely come in handy. Wait, who am I kidding? I am drinking it all to myself!! Just call me Wine Grinch.

I guess when you are tight on the budget, you become somewhat of a tight-ass. You just can't help it. You hoard things that are super cheap deals, but you hesitate to tell anyone in case they go and buy it up! You sit at home and go through the grocery ads to see who has the cheapest things on your list, and you actually go to 3 different stores just to get the deals!! You don't use coupons because we all know it's not a savings - well, it is for you LABEL SNOBS that can't buy store brand.

You wait until your shutoff notice comes for the cable and phone to pay it and you only pay the minimum, because maybe you like playing that little game by now. HA! I will get them, I am NOT going to pay my bill - I like to tease them with thinking they are going to shut me off! Then WHAM! I pay the minimum! It's really a win-win if you ask me.

Oh, and my favorite? Is how you are always talking to your friends about how tight you are with money and then you go and spend money on something frivolous!! So what your saying is, hey I would like to hang out with you, but I would rather buy myself a DVD player so I can sit at home and watch movies from Netflix, which, by the way, costs me $14.99 per month!

Ah, the joys of a reduced income....

No comments: