Friday, February 3, 2012

Unexpected blessing

I love Fridays because I go to Bikram Yoga.  Even though I go other nights, for some reason Friday afternoons are by far the best 2 hours of my week.  I arrive to class 30 minutes early so I can lay down in the hot room and clear my head.  All nonsense of the week, day, or month just seems like nothing.  It's warm, comfy and I feel like I am somewhere tropical.  Most days I fall asleep for a few minutes.  Do you know how relaxing this must be for me?  The girl whose brain just does not turn off?

It's the most intense workout I have ever done and I love it.  I love the challenge.  I love the feeling I get when I've made it through another session.  I love watching myself improve in different positions every time I go.  I love that I can go any day I want.  I love that I am probably burning over 1000 calories.  I love that I can't stop talking about it.

The instructors there are fabulous. I love how each of them have a unique personality and you learn something about yourself with each session.  You listen to their words and thing of nothing but what your body is doing.  Most of instructors talk about letting go, forgiveness, or even healing benefits of yoga.  Yoga is not just physical workout, but a workout in clarity.  Yoga has become a wonderful blessing in my life.

Alas, it is time for the hot room....  have a great weekend.