Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fighting off the Monsters

Today I fought off a few monsters that threatened my well-being today. One of them was the N Monster, aka, Negativity. For a few brief moments in time I let him seep in and take over my brain!! In order to fight off this beast, you can either use your Positive Energy tokens to counter act, or in desperate circumstances, you must get him out by way of tear ducts.

I chose the tear duct method, only because I knew once I was finished I probably would have no problem keeping him away for quite some time. Not to mention, I also had to rid myself of the W Monster (Worry) so it was kind of a two-fer.

The cause of such monsters, well you may chuckle that it's no big deal or I am being a big baby, but hey - they are my monsters and you can't tell me how to feel. So. There. I was trying to figure out how the F I am going to make it through the week financially, as I have a few VERY important things coming up: an absolutely fabulous wedding and a trip to Omaha to see my peeps. Yea, yea, everyone is trying to make ends meet and I am bitching about a vacation - BUT I do not have a job and I do not collect unemployment (well, ok, I applied, but does not mean I am going to get it!) so I have $0 income stream! LOL, I don't even have enough gas to drive to an interview if I got one! I have $20 in my checking account, 86 cents in my savings, and $4 cash in my wallet - so I don't even know how I am going to EAT!!

Ok, ok, that is one more monster that I had to battle today...the dreaded PP Monster. Pity Party. Yes, I felt sorry for myself for a brief moment in time. That party lasted all of 5 minutes. There are much bigger things going on in this world besides my little problems AND this is only temporary!!

Now, I have to tell you about my Secret Weapon that I use to keep the Monsters at bay. I am trusting you with this intelligence, so use it wisely! I have these secret agent friends that I refer to as The Pep Squad. I can't tell you who they are, but they know who they are, but they don't know who each other are. It's kind of complicated, yes, but their mission is simple. It's a like a stealth operation! But it's so stealth, THEY don't even know they completed an assignment!

The Pep Squad is not like the Verizon network, it's not HUGE. It's a smaller group that likes to be subtle and as a matter of fact, they don't need all kinds of praise, kudos, and awards. The mere fact that they completed a mission is the only thing they need to be fulfilled.

I am telling you about all of this (the Monsters, the Pep Squad, etc.) because I have to make a few points:

1. I would like to advise you not quit your job if you have: A: large amounts of debt or B: 0 savings or C: All of the above! - oops! :)

2. In order to recruit a Pep Squad, you have to be a member of a Pep Squad first. Trust me, it's totally worth it.

2 comments:

Candice said...

I don't blame you one bit. Those are all very scary monsters. Eating...kind of a big deal. However, I know you'll pull through. That positive attitude will take you everywhere!!

COL said...

Love this story! I think I am going to think of those things as monsters too! Love that!