Monday, July 5, 2010

I can't believe how fast this summer is moving by! The Fourth of July is come and gone -- now for the fun and busy remaining 2 months of summer!

I have been trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can these days -- school starts in less than 2 months!! I am proud to say that my knife skills are improving tremendously -- sure helps that I learned how to properly hold it! I suppose the 2 lbs of carrots I had to dice (into insanely small cubes) also had something to do with it. I feel like my carrots are like Julia Child's onions!! But, I did "such a great job" on them, I've promoted to the "official carrot dicer" or OCD as we like to call it. So fitting, so fitting. I have to admit, Lady Chef is right --I've seen the dice job from "the others" and mine are much more uniform. I am sure you are not surprised.

Last week we made a new dessert: chocolate bread pudding. 3 words: YUM, YUM, and YUM!! Even though we did hire a new girl that just "graduated" from a pastry program, Lady Chef and I are still baking the desserts. She's pretty young and has a lot to learn. Not to mention, we don't really have the time to mess around like we did in the winter. We are just too busy! I am of course excited because I love to try new things and I have become really fast at making our house dessert -- makes me feel efficient.

Today is a cook and bake day, so it will be exciting to see what adventure Lady Chef has come up with for us! I think we are due for a new fruit dessert.....mmmmmm!!!

No comments: